Sunday, May 11, 2008

Tragic

There's not much on TV this Sunday afternoon...

So I decided to watch "Saving Private Ryan" starting somewhere in the middle. When it got to the scene where Giovanni Ribisi dies, I had to change the channel. It's a heart-wrenching scene and why put myself through that again?

The only other semi-palatable movie on was "The First Wives Club." It was the final scene where the women sing "You Don't Own Me." It's just awful. So, I switched back to "Saving Private Ryan." But that was too much, so I switched back to FWC. Then that was too much, so I switched back to SPR. Guess I'd rather watch a painful death scene than the painful, weak out of "First Wives Club." Ouch.

How's that for timely burns? Ha! Take it, shitty movie from 1996!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WoW! I would hate to be the FIRST WIVES CLUB right about now. (I would be sooooo embarrassed) Although I wouldn't mind being THE DIVINE SECRETS OF THE YA-YA SISTERHOOD. At least then I would have a wry sense of humor, integrity, and most of all.....heart.
Funny, I had the biggest crush on Goldie Hawn during her 'Overboard' and 'Private Benjamin' days...now she's just...old. You know...she's too... old.