Thursday, May 10, 2007

Dental Insurance

I'm a fan of a certain young lady: she's the star of the Rosewood Dental commercials that air in the Chicagoland area. The script goes like this:

"I was unhappy with the appearance of my teeth. But Rosewood Dental brought my smile back and it didn't hurt a bit."

Now, I see that commercial at least twice a day. I'm not sick of it yet. In fact, my heart skips a beat when it comes on, because then I get to say the words along with her. I'm along for the ride! I give her alot of credit, she did as much as possible with that line. I can just imagine her dissecting the script the night before the shoot. It's a mini-drama... At first she hated how she looked in the mirror. She'd keep her mouth shut during debates and wouldn't smile for pictures. Then Rosewood Dental came along, fixed her jacked up smile AND it didn't hurt! Not one bit! Whew. In her interpretation, that 7 seconds of story has exposition, a dramatic climax, and a denoument. It's a play for people on the go. So nice work, Girl. That's the good news.

The bad news is: I'm positive she got a shitty buyout for an unlimited amount of time. I fear she's being overexposed in a crap commercial and getting 500 bucks for it. I hope I'm wrong. But I'm not.

I appeal to your sense of justice! Let's get this girl some more money! Who's with me? Somebody do something about this before I lose interest!

5 comments:

freddie said...

Oh Sarah! You're so nice....
Are you that "certain young lady"? :)

Sarah Dare said...

Ha! Really?? You've never seen it? It is certainly NOT me, how dare you! Go here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_mAnPzeNCY

Jessica Joy said...

I'm sorry, but no one will ever replace the FreeCreditReport.com boy in my heart.

"I'm THHIIINNKKKIINNG of a number!"

freddie said...

I think the video of the weird kid making fun of the commercial is even more hilarious.

And of course I've seen the commercial. It's like a hot dog in a hallway.

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.