Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Daffy

I have two favorite quotes.

Sidebar before I go on: is it possible to have two favorites in the same category? I questioned that as I typed it, and my answer is: yes. Because I said so. To the sticklers who might focus on that: Shhhhh. Can I be excused? "I don't know, CAN you?" Get a life. Now, I say this to remind myself not to be that person. Man, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be a cranky bitch in my old age like everybody else, despite all my efforts to be otherwise.

Now that we've had that talk, my two favorite quotes are as follows:

"Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

and

"The person who waits for a roast duck to fly into their mouth must wait for a very long time."
- Chinese proverb

I respond to the first simply because it epitomizes the way I try to love. I like the idea of being on a team with someone. To be in love, but still get your shit done. It's nice to have some validation, even if it's from the dude that wrote "The Little Prince."

I like the second because it reminds me that I gotta work hard and make my own magic. Laziness is so attractive. I love couches and TVs, but sitting there indulging isn't going to make me successful. So, I've preheated and now it's time to cook that duck.

I'm super hungry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is your comment.

fred said...

Mmm...duck.

:)