Thursday, December 4, 2008

I know, I know...

Yes, it's been awhile since my last post. I've been doing stuff.

The thing that stands out the most is that I'm writing this from a cruise ship. I'll be living on this thing for the next 4 months. The gods of Second City have made it possible to have a job at which I get to do some pretty darn funny shows a couple of hours a week with some truly great folks, and spend the rest of my time snorkeling and drinking out of pineapples. I'm feeling pretty grateful right about now.

Except for the fact that every time the door to the internet room opens, I'm hit with the sounds of a slightly off rendition of the best of Whitney Houston. All at once, I'm drifting on a lonely sea... me too, Whitney. Me too.

Naw, man. This is awesome. Hurray!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good to see you back on the web, Sarah. I'm sure i'm not the only one who missed your weekly musings. Of course, you must realize that you're probably gonna lose touch with your Midwest audience with your new Cruise Ship "gripes." (Don't ya hate it when your daily snorkeling sessions are cut short because of jellyfish swarms? etc) Regardless, please keep us informed of all your wheelings and dealings. Just promise me you'll be careful on that ship. According to tv and movies, you should always be on the lookout for: Pirates, Mutiny, Icebergs, Willem Dafoe, the Kraken, Isaac the Bartender, and Scurvy......and that's the extent of my knowledge.