Thursday, April 3, 2008

I'm officially uncool

Apparently there's a musical group called "Danity Kane." Danity Kane is an American pop and R&B girl group signed to Bad Boy Records, first established in 2005. They were formed on the second installment of MTV's Making the Band reality television series. All of this happened without my knowledge. What the hell?

When they were mentioned on the radio today I heard "Danny Kaye." For all you heathens, Danny Kaye is one of the world's best known comedians. His most high-profile projects were as the guy that wasn't Bing Crosby in White Christmas, host of the Academy Awards, and finally guest-starring in one single episode as Dr. Burns on The Cosby Show.

At first I cringed when I realized my mistake. It didn't take long to figure out... Danny Kay is long-deceased, so he'd have a hard time giving a shout out to Chicago on The Mix at 4pm. It was at this moment I officially crossed into Grandma-land. I mean, who mistakes a hot girl-band with a dead comedian?

How did this happen? I have subscriptions to Entertainment Weekly and US Weekly! That's two sources of super important information!! Weekly! I just can't keep up. I'm gonna go buy myself some Werther's Originals and start giving my family members a hard time about how they never visit me.

5 comments:

freddie said...

You're not old until you take a family portrait at Sears wearing gaudy knitted sweaters.
Wait a minute...

Scott McMillin said...

Welcome. You will receive your orientation packet in the mail very soon.

bobbiburns said...

Danny Kizzzzay in the hizzzie! I would have mad respect for Puff Diddy if he called his latest girl group Danny Kaye. Well done.

By the way...Puffy? Piffy? Piff Doody? What the hell is he called now???

Anonymous said...

Don't sweat it, Sarah. We've all made that kind of mistake before. Last year I paid $40 to see Franz Ferdinand, in hopes of having a quiet yet informative evening witht the Austrian Archduke whose Assasination in 1914 is believed to have started World War I. Imagine my surprise when I was greeted by four rowdy Scotsman who kept pleading with me to "Take Them Out." And then to make matters worse, some whippersnapper with a nosering made me drop my commemorative WWI plate that I had brought along for authentication...rest assured, I gave that young man the frowning of a lifetime. These kids today.....

Joe said...

ditch "uncool" and start using the term "socially challenged", you can get better parking at the supermarket.