Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Creepy Edition

I went to CostCo last week to buy a 98-pack of toilet paper and snack on samples of mashed potatoes in Dixie Cups. On my journey around the Warehouse of Excess, I was horrified to see this:



Caskets creep me out; not because of horror movies, it just seems like a ridiculous thing to put a dead body in. What do you need silk lining and a little pillow for after you're dead? Waste of money. So, I'm officially giving the OK to instead go to the next aisle, buy that jumbo plastic tub of pretzels and deposit my remains into it. Then take the money you were spending on a casket (because Lord knows I'm not paying for it) and throw a kickass party.

This way, everyone can snack on pretzels while they're all reminiscing over how amazing I was. I should be an event planner.

2 comments:

bobbiburns said...

You would be like the prize in a box of Cracker Jacks. But more pretzelly.

Anonymous said...

I agree, Sarah. I always thought the casket was waaayy too fancy a receptacle to put the deceased in. I've always told my family to bury me naked.... if i'm gonna spend my enternity resting on a silk-lined pillow, then I want to FEEL it. Of course, all that will be null & void if they choose to respect my original wishes: to be stuffed and mountain in a classic "me" position. (waiting by door for the pizza guy, standing with the fridge wide open, perched by the window looking at my landlord shovel snow, etc.)