Monday, February 2, 2009

Retrospective

I'd like to take this opportunity to share with you some choice pictures from my blackberry. Some of them are a bit grainy. What do you expect? It's a phone! And my calendar. And access to the internet. Plus it stores all my contacts, organizes tasks, is my main alarm clock, and a myriad of other things. Dammit, blackberry! You're magical. Why don't you take better pictures?

These were all taken in 2008. Since it's February of 2009, it seems like a good time to close the book on last year.



This pic was taken in Chicago from the car I was sitting in waiting for the light to change. Please note the creepy guy staring at the poor woman as she tries to ignore him. Ah, the city. We're all one step away from being attacked.




This pic was taken in Bar Harbor, Maine. Natalie and I had the night off together, so we had cocktails at the water's edge. I love champagne, strawberries, and the fact that I'm lucky enough to afford this luxury. As I travel the world, it becomes more apparent how fortunate we are. I don't want to take any happiness for granted.




Relaxing on the grass in the square in Bar Harbor




I'm pretty sure I took this in Maine. I just love foggy days. They're so romantic. Plus I don't feel guilty if I don't really get outside. Sometimes I feel forced to enjoy the day as hard as possible when it's sunny. Overcast days give me a break.



AVP on Hermosa Beach, CA in June. I'll take this sunny day: lots of hot guys in swimsuits knocking a ball around.




Took this in LA. Can you see the guy balancing his kid on his head? It was nuts!



This note was slipped under my friend's apartment door. Feel free to call this douchebag's number and give him a hard time.




Can you tell that's my face in that cutout? It's not Michelle Monaghan's. I know, we are very similar. I don't know what's worse: starring in a stupid movie or marrying an idiot. Here's hoping I avoid both in real life.




From the set of Public Enemies, shot in Chicago in front of The Biograph theater in my 'hood. Alas, Christian Bale wasn't there. They were choreographing the scene in which Dillinger is shot. It was below freezing in May. Michael Mann was screaming at everyone. OK, that last part isn't true. Rumor has it he was a real piece of work, but I don't want to get slapped with a defamation suit.




Boynton Canyon in Sedona, AZ. It has a reputation as a site of a New Age "vortex" - a sort of energy field emanating from inner earth. Not sure if I subscribe to this bit of modern mysticism, but I did realize there that I spend too much time hating people I don't know. That epiphany has served me pretty well since. Beyond that, it's an amazing hike and a nice place to sit and think.




My favorite view from the NCL Spirit. Santo Tomas de Castilla, Guatemala.




After an incredible storm in Chicago. The city was torn apart! This is just one image from my street. Poor guy. Hope he had insurance.




Navy Pier. Taken from Chicago Shakespeare Theater in November '08. I miss you and hate you and love you, Chicago!

3 comments:

Scott McMillin said...

Trust me, you would be hating it right now. Terrible winter.

bobbiburns said...

I totally would've seen Made of Honor if you'd been in it instead of Michelle. Your poster is fan-freakin'-tastic.

Anonymous said...

Impressive medley of photos, Sarah. There were a couple of standouts for me 1) the "Casual Sex" letter had a 9am to 1pm window (you're SOL if you want action at 2p,) 2) The Maine picture with the fog reminds is an EXACT screenshot from film adaption of Stephen King's "The Mist". (a little jarring considering that what followed) 3) The Storm damage picture- I remember leaving in the middle of the night to get Contact Lense solution and losing my "premo" spot to some Jetta. The next morning I go out and see that same Jetta is completely crushed by the tree next to it. My Celica was left unscathed. (karma finally makes up for making me near-sighted) 4) Finally, nice cut-out work on MADE OF HONOR. I also would have accepted your face on posters for MAID IN MANHATTAN, MAID TO ORDER, and BARBARELLA.