Sunday, September 7, 2008

Ketchup... Catsup... Catch Up

First and foremost, if I haven't fully expressed my love and devotion to the show Law and Order, I apologize. I really dropped the ball there. Look, I realize it's not the most brilliant thing out there, but I feel safe with it. It's formulaic and never lets me down. Also, it allows me to drift into a peaceful nap right around the 40 minute mark. That's my routine, and I love it. So get off my back. Ha! Nobody's on my back, guys. Wouldn't that just be silly? Everything's cool.

I have a point. It's this: Dick Wolf (the creator of Law and Order) apparently lives in Bar Harbor, or thereabouts. I was THIS CLOSE to becoming the next ADA, if only he'd come to see ImprovAcadia! Why doesn't he support the arts? I was right there, and he blew it.

I feel like I was in Maine 5 years ago... but it's actually been only 10 days. Not that I've been doing anything interesting to pass the time, it just seems to go faster here. My life is slipping away!!

I think it's important to keep shaking up your life. I get bored very easily with my surroundings and repetitive activities; my grandmother calls it "itchy feet." Luckily, I have some adventures coming up. More on that later.

Going to a new location to live and perform for a month was perfect. I don't necessarily feel settled in Chicago. I actually haven't found a place that feels like home yet. So, the search goes on. And in the meantime, I'm open to experiencing things like this:



This is the top of Champlain Mountain. I climbed up there, and loved every step. We also went whale watching. "Majestic" is a funny word to me, but here I mean it without irony. These creatures were, well, majestic. I go through my days so sure that everything I do is the most important thing happening in the world. Not even close. Here's a picture of a whale's tail. It doesn't do it justice, but try to imagine 300 people on a boat collectively gasping.



Here's some more choice pics:















This is how I spent August. Climbing mountains, eating lobster, swimming in pristine lakes, and doing super fun shows. I was really fortunate to be playing with truly talented people. It was a real ball buster, doing two shows a night, six days a week. An improv boot camp, if you will. Bring it on!

On a completely different note, I've decided to become more girl-y. Being independent and well-adjusted is getting me nowhere. It's pretty boring, if you want to know the truth. And I think you do. So, from here on out I'm going to be more emotional and needy. This should be a fun social experiment. I can't wait to see how everybody deals with this... and, go! Why haven't you called yet?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a very informative bottle of Ketchup.--- While I have never been a card carrying member of the Law&Order Fan club, i can't get enough of the "dun dun" chime that precedes every location change. I would probably travel more if it meant that some cold-metallic clanging sound would accompany it. And, while I have no really complaints with the 'old' Sarah, I fully support your attempts to be more girly. If it helps, I will pledge to objectify you more and be more chauvinistic. How's that sound, Toots? Don't answer yet. Why don't you put something nice on and make me some waffles..... we'll talk over breakfast.

bobbiburns said...

Nobody uses the word "majestic" when I stick my ass out of the ocean. I guess I need to be more whaley.

Beautiful pictures!

Jessica Joy said...

Such majesty!